Monday, August 6, 2018

Review: The Chase

The Chase by Elle Kennedy

Rating: 4 Stars


What better way to participate in Read a Romance Month than with a romance I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for?! Okay, not forever, but it’s been a long time and I’ve been impatiently waiting the get back to Elle Kennedy’s Off Campus universe!

The first book in the Off Campus spin off series Briar U does not disappoint. I loved reading about Summer and Fitzy and getting quick cameos from some of the characters from the original books. The characters are loveable and believable and I was rooting for them the whole time, even when I wanted to slap them for not making good choices! I will say, I didn't love the Summer-Hunter issue throughout the book. I definitely could have done without the love triangle aspect of the story, but I'm so over love triangles as a trope that that's more of a personal preference than anything else.

I have to say, New Adult is a tough genre. At least for me, it's such a hit or miss genre, and I'm not completely sure why. They tend to skew to soap opera, but I can get down for that if it's well done. It just seems that so much of it isn't well done. With Elle Kennedy, it's always well-written and she's one of the bar-setters in the genre, in my opinion.

This was a fast and easy read that was paced really well. I loved spending my Sunday back in this world, and am very glad we don’t have to wait nearly as long for the next installment! If you enjoy the New Adult genre and/or sports romance, this is definitely one not to miss! Even if you're on the fence in terms of New Adult, check this out because Elle Kennedy writes some of the best in the genre, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Library Book

The Library Book by Susan Orlean Rating: 3 Stars This book is billed as true crime, and while it does cover the mysterious fire (ars...