Sunday, April 22, 2018

Review: Ain't She A Peach


Ain't She a Peach by Molly Harper

Rating: 3 Stars

This is the second full-length installment in Molly Harper's Southern Eclectic series, but could be read as a stand-alone. There have also been two novellas, but again, those don't need to be read to understand and enjoy the story. Harper does a good job of catching the reader up on any important information from the other stories, although that comes off as a little repetitive if you've read the novellas.

I've read all of Harper's other books, and was a  little skeptical about picking this series up, since I didn't like her complementary novels nearly as much as I've enjoyed her paranormal books, and was starting to wonder if her style only worked for me in a paranormal setting. I am pleasantly surprised to say that that appears to not be the case, as I've enjoyed this entire series. 

Ain't She a Peach is full of quirky characters, funny story-lines, and at it's heart, a family that truly loves each other. It is billed as a romance, and that element is there,  but I felt the more compelling relationship was between Frankie, the heroine, and her parents, and how they've all dealt with her childhood illness. 

This was a a fairly quick and easy read, but extremely entertaining. I hope that Harper will write at least one more novel in the series, because I'd love to see Duffy settled. If you like a lighthearted story filled with quirky characters, be sure to pick this one up when it's released 6/12/2018.

Thank you to NetGalley for a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Library Book

The Library Book by Susan Orlean Rating: 3 Stars This book is billed as true crime, and while it does cover the mysterious fire (ars...